Thursday, November 13, 2014

My Take on Ponds Oil Solution Pore Conditioning Toner

 
my empty container

Their claim: 
You can't neglect the condition of pores to have beautiful skin up close.  Cares for pores to give you a fresh, oil free look that is smooth and refined up close.

Ingredient Highlights:
  •   Zinc Minerals and Royal Jelly Extracts = It deeply cleans pores and removes excess oil trapped deep inside the pores for fresh, oil free looking skin.
  •   Pore Tightening Essence = It conditions pores for smooth, refined skin.


Other ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Sodium Lactate, Benzophenone-4, PEG-12, Dimethicone, Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizinate, Perfume, Manthol, Dissodium EDTA, Lactic Acid

After washing my face, I used a cotton ball and put a little amount of product on it.  I just made sure that the cotton was wet enough, but not soaked, to cover my entire face and neck.  A 100ml lasts for 18-20 days if I use it twice daily, with the exception of Wednesday and Sunday evening.

Effect on me:
I don't see a dramatic effect except that I was satisfied that the product got rid of oil and dirt not removed by just washing my face.  I love the minty feel it brought to my skin, I felt so refresh.  Since it has this minty feel, I was quite sure it kind of helped minimize the size of my pores.  The effect also didn't last long.  After an hour or so, I saw oil forming on the tip of my nose.
One thing I noticed about this product, it somehow didn't go along with my facial creams.  It seemed that it pushed away the creams while I was applying it.  I don't know.  Instead of the skin absorbing the creams, this toner kinda glided it away.  

Verdict on their claim:
oil free skin - won't last long
tightens pore - not obvious
freshens skin - no doubt that it cools my skin.  I felt somehow that it tightens my skin.

Packaging:
The container is made of plastic.  On top is an apparatus that pops open when pulled.  I don't advise this for travelers.  It sure will spill out some, if not all, products unless the part that can be opened will be sealed by a scotch tape.

Price:
Php 85.00.  This is super cheap.  I love it!  :-)

Rate:
Packaging = 4/10
Price =  10/10
Rate on their claim:
smooth skin = 3/10
minimize pores = 5/10
refreshes = 9/10
cleanse = 8/10
oil free = 7/10





No comments:

Post a Comment