Saturday, November 15, 2014

My Take on Cosmo Skin Advanced Whitening & Nourishing Collagen Hand & Body Cream



Their claim:
CosmoSkin Collagen Hand and Body Cream is a proven effective formula that has been developed specifically for the special needs of ageing skin.It intensively regenerate and nourishes the skin. It reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles, Stimulates the production of the skins natural collagen and it effectively whitens the skin.

Ingredients Highlights:

Other ingredients:
Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Monostearate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Perfume, Methylparaben Propylparaben

Packaging:
my empty bottle

It's a plastic container. I love that the opening is located at the bottom. For creams such as this, a bottom opening is very convenient for product with thicker texture such as cream because it's easier to squeeze out without really pouring out more than what I need. Even with an opaque body, I can be sure that all the content will be emptied due to the opening's position.

How I used it:
For more than 3 weeks, I applied the product liberally all over my body. I used it twice daily, morning and evening after taking a bath; with the exception of Wednesday and Sunday evening. I also used this on my hands every after washing. 

Effect on me:
There's a greasy feel when applied. However, it won't last long; probably, 2 to 3 hours after applying.
I found that the product helped reduce the visibility of fine lines.   I saw this on my hands.  As whitening, it did leave a temporary whiteness on my skin after I used it; probably, because of the color residue (white) and the product's texture. I also noticed that my skin was getting quite fair after 3 weeks of using it.
This product also would moisturize my skin for more or less 12 hours so I won't need to re-apply. I also won't suggest of re-applying it without washing first. It's a cream so expect greasiness if you do so. Lastly, I hate the smell. It's like a medical oitnment.  :-(

Verdict on their claim:
reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles = It did live up to its promise, in my case.
Whitens skin = slight
*I will recommend this product to those whose skin already shows wrinkles. Other whitening products causes skin to dry thus contributing to the aging of skin. This is a good combination if you want to achieve both; safe from wrinkle formation while it whitens your skin. However, it does not have UV protection so I'm suggesting a different lotion or cream with UV protection in the morning and this one at night. With it greasy feel, it is better to use it at night, when the weather isn't too hot.

Price:
Php 149.00 at any Watcons branch. Cheap? Compared to other lotion, this 200ml product might be cheap. However, it won't spread easily, unlike lotion, a single squeeze will only cover a little portion of your skin. In effect, you will use more of this product to cover your entire body.



Rate:
Packaging = 10/10
Price = 9/10
Rate on their claim:
anti-aging = 8/10
whitening = 8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment